Undone, Air-dryed Waves
Ladies, we are in luck...
a new trend is emerging! A trend that promotes women to go all natural. I don't know about you all, but I have been waiting for this since I hit puberty. So to go along with this "trend" we want to do a Undone series! Inspirational looks and tips to help going all natural seem more intentional! You know, instead of looking like your alarm went off too late.
Tips & Tricks
- With this model, we had her come with air dried hair and no product. We perfected the look by selectively curling the curls around her face and the top layer. Focusing on sections of hair that dried a bit puffy and or flat.
- When you curl do not curl the whole piece, only curl a random part of the hair strand. (Example: On the last photo, see the front piece in front of her eye? Study how it actually has just one curl to it. We curled the lower middle part of that section. This creates a more natural undone look.
- Once you're done curling, go in with your hand and break up the curls.
- Lastly, Product is key. Bring out the texture spray, dry shampoo, and even some hairspray. You need this to make you look less homeless and more fashionable! We like to throw in our choice of product both in the beginning and or end.
- Don't forget the root! Spray some of that dry shampoo or texturizing spray on them and break it up with your hand or brush! Its amazing the volume it gives you.
Biggest advice: Do NOT be a perfectionist and have fun with it! Or you will end up looking like Shirley Temple.
Side note: Both of us have mostly straight hair. We love this method for even ourselves! Even starting out with air dried hair helps give that messy texture.