Fresh Grilled Arugula Salad
We are sure this is already invented somewhere. In fact...I'm pretty sure my mom made this for me once. Either way- Best. Meal. Ever.
For those of you who don't know me, Joanna, I have digestive issues. I can't digest many foods on my own. I'm limited to a lot of things, meaning I have to avoid: fats, oils, dairy, gluten, soy, red meat, artificial sugars, anything that is white, and anything basically that didn't grow in the earth. So when it comes to me eating, It can be frustrating. However, I am thankful that I'm "forced" to eat healthy for this is how I believe we were created to eat. Today I was craving avocado and mango. So to make me feel full I added some fresh Tilapia. Since I can't cook with a ton of oils, we grill a lot- so I threw everything but the arugula on the grill! I think the reason why it taste so freakin good is because of the grilled mango, avocado and tomato! Yum.
- (Olive Oil for those who want to add this.)
- (Dressing if you would like some extra flavor.)
- 1. Start by preparing your grill or your oven.
- 2. Start slicing you mango, avocado and tomato.
- 3. I put all the veggies on the grill first. Then I put on the tilapia. (Prepare the fish as you usually do. I just drenched it in lime juice and a added a bit of cumin.)
- 4. Place your arugula on your plate first then layer your ingredients. Add your lime by juicing it generously on your salad. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- 5. I chose not to use a dressing because I love the extra lime juice and the juices of the grilled tomato. It was just enough for me and it tasted delicious. However, if you would like to add a dressing this would be the time to do so!
- 6. Enjoy your meal!
So easy, and you most likely have the ingredients! It also helps that it is so fresh! Great way to start out the new year especially if you are fasting or on a new diet! Next time I am going to add purple onion and cilantro. Let us know if there is anything clever you think to add in the comments!